2012/02/09

_O5_ Architecture, painting, sculpture: ANTONI TÀPIES

Reproducció de l’obra Gran cadira, 1989
I want to dedicate a post to the great Antoni Tàpies who has just passed away a few days ago.
© 2002, Martí Gasull
















I was only a child when I heard about Tàpies for the first time.
A temporary exhibition arrived at town and a great history teacher I had at school who loved Tàpies paintings took my class to the Museum and explained us how to look at those works.
 
Creu de paper de diari, 1946-1947


I can imagine the astonished look on my face and still remember all that little girls looking around a huge number of abstract drawings and big strange shapes and symbols.


Sala de reflexió, 1996 © Fundació Antoni Tàpies, Barcelona/VEGAP © photograph: Frederic Camallonga. (Image courtesy of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra)


I must say I’ve loved Tàpies since that moment.
That’s why I’d like to thank to my teacher, Miss U., for discovering me the deep meaning of Tàpies works.
Gran esquinçall, 1970 © Fundació Antoni Tàpies, Barcelona/VEGAP © photograph: Pius Rast
I’ve selected some works from Tápies where architecture becomes a very important element on them, I think.
Imágenes from the Tàpies Foundation web: http://www.fundaciotapies.org/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario